Since its rejuvenation, PLA has felt concerned about the cause of status, salary, working conditions, and qualifications of library staff. For this it has been actively advocating issues facing the library and information work profession at large and problems faced by members with the authorities concerned. As a result of persistent efforts of PLA, the following demands were met by the respective authorities.
• Class II status to college librarians in Punjab. (1994-95)
• Selection grade to eleven assistant librarians in Punjabi University Library. (1995)
• Granting of holidays to school librarians at par with school teachers.
• Enhanced starting basic salary of Rs. 4550 to school librarians from the earlier Rs. 4020 w.e.f. 1 January 1996
• Change of designation from semi-professionals to professional assistants in Punjabi University Library. (1998-99)
• Enhanced grade of Rs. 5800-9200 (revision of grade of Rs. 1800-3200) to professional assistants in Punjabi University, Patiala, who were earlier in the scale of 1640-2925. (2001)
• Library restorers in Punjabi University Library granted the pay-scale of Rs. 3320-6200 retrospectively w.e.f. 1 January 1996. (2001)
• Punjab Government notification regarding CAS for College Librarians (2007)
• And Many More.